We are recruiting to fill vacancies for our 2019 Board of Directors- and we need YOU!
The nominating committee is now seeking candidates from our membership who are interested in serving on our all-volunteer Board of Directors.
President ElectVP of Learning
VP of Membership
Director of Communications
Director of Strategic PartnershipsDirector of Virtual Programs
Director of Volunteers and Outreach
Director of ProgramsDirector of Professional Development
Are You Eligible?
Per Article VI Section A of our chapter's bylaws, candidates for all board positions shall be active Chapter members for a minimum of three months and shall agree to maintain membership in the National Association if elected/appointed to a board position. Candidates must be able to demonstrate active involvement in and awareness of Chapter activities.
Chapter Leader Benefits
There are many benefits to joining the Board of Directors, including:
- Opportunities to network with some of the top talent development professionals in the area
- Opportunities to build leadership skills, contribute existing skills, and grow and enhance new skills
- Mentoring and support from fellow board members
- A chance to give back to your profession
All Board Members are required to:
- Be members in good standing with both ATD and the Metro DC Chapter of ATD
- Successfully demonstrate commitment to the Metro DC Chapter of ATD- previous volunteer experience preferred
- Be available to participate in chapter leader on-boarding throughout the fall, the Board of Directors' strategic planning retreat (held in November), and the ALC conference in Crystal City October 11-13 (optional but highly recommended)
- Attend monthly board meetings and complete position requirements (typically an additional 10-20 hours each month)
July 1: Nominations open - fill out your nomination form today!
August 1: Nominations close
August 2-12: Nominee interviews
August 15: Nomination slate sent to membership
September 7: Voting opens
September 14: Voting ends
September 15: Elected candidates announced to membership
Click here to complete the nomination form!
Please email Bernadette Costello at firstname.lastname@example.org