We are recruiting to fill three vacancies for our 2019 Board of Directors- and we need YOU!
Director of Strategic Partnerships
Director of Volunteers and Outreach
Director of Communities of Practice
Are You Eligible?
Per Article VI Section A of our chapter's bylaws, candidates for all board positions shall be active Chapter members for a minimum of three months and shall agree to maintain membership in the National Association if elected/appointed to a board position. Candidates must be able to demonstrate active involvement in and awareness of Chapter activities.
Chapter Leader Benefits
There are many benefits to joining the Board of Directors, including:
- Opportunities to network with some of the top talent development professionals in the area
- Opportunities to build leadership skills, contribute existing skills, and grow and enhance new skills
- Mentoring and support from fellow board members
- A chance to give back to your profession
All Board Members are required to:
- Be members in good standing with both ATD and the Metro DC Chapter of ATD
- Successfully demonstrate commitment to the Metro DC Chapter of ATD- previous volunteer experience preferred
- Be available to participate in chapter leader on-boarding throughout the fall, the Board of Directors' strategic planning retreat (held in November), and the ALC conference in Crystal City October 11-13 (optional but highly recommended)
- Attend monthly board meetings and complete position requirements (typically an additional 10-20 hours each month)
Click here to complete the nomination form!
Please email Bernadette Costello at email@example.com