We are recruiting to fill five vacancies for our 2018 Board of Directors- and we need YOU!
The nominating committee is now seeking candidates from our membership who are be interested in serving on our all-volunteer Board of Directors.
Vice President of Finance
Director of Communities of Practice
Director of Operations and Technology
Director of Programs
Are You Eligible?
Per Article VI Section A of our chapter's bylaws, candidates for all board positions shall be active Chapter members and shall agree to maintain membership in the National Association if elected/appointed to a board position.
Chapter Leader Benefits
There are many benefits to joining the Board of Directors, including:
- Opportunities to network with some of the top talent development professionals in the area
- Opportunities to build leadership skills, contribute existing skills, and grow and enhance new skills
- Mentoring and support from fellow board members
- A chance to give back to your profession
All Board Members are required to:
- Be members in good standing with both ATD and the Metro DC Chapter of ATD
- Successfully demonstrate commitment to the Metro DC Chapter of ATD- previous volunteer experience preferred
- Be available to participate in chapter leader on-boarding throughout the fall, the Board of Directors' strategic planning retreat (held in November), and the ALC conference in Crystal City October 12-14 (optional but highly recommended)
- Attend monthly board meetings (held on the second Saturday of each month) and complete position requirements (typically an additional 10-20 hours each month)
July 7: Nominations open - fill out your nominations form today!
August 4: Nominations close
August 7-11: Nominee interviews
August 14: Nomination slate sent to membership
September 1: Voting opens
September 15: Voting ends
September 18: Elected candidates announced to membership
Click here to complete the nomination form!
Please email Stephanie Hubka at firstname.lastname@example.org