This position reports to the Manager, Organizational Development and Retention. The role requires intermediate knowledge and understanding of the talent management function including: training, workforce planning, organizational design, performance management, talent assessment, succession planning and organizational development (OD). Familiarity with Human Resources and learning development and analytics. Specifically, the Organizational Development &Training Specialist II will provide presentation, training, communications, project planning and project management support. This is dynamic role requires exceptional written and oral communication, interpersonal, organizational skills, and ability to work well autonomously, as well as within a team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or logical assignment.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Design, create and adjust training content, online learning modules, guides,
and course materials.
• Where applicable, review and evaluate training materials from prospective
• Deliver and facilitate exciting, progressive and comprehensive training
content to executives, management, employees and service partners using
a variety of training techniques and a collaborative approach.
• Ensure compliance with standardized training requirements by local and
federal jurisdictions as mandated.
• Consult managers and leaders on training for resolution of employee issues.
• Assess skill gaps between high potential talent for succession planning.
• Contribute to OD initiatives by developing work plans, communicating
progress, soliciting and incorporating feedback, and ensuring alignment for
• Contribute to the marketing of training programs and OD initiatives
• Make use of technology to enhance training delivery experience.
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
• Assist the Organizational Development and Retention Manager in
• Support the development, scheduling and implementation of an annual
training calendars which will include all activities for employees, and new
• Work with Organizational Development and Retention Manager to manage
the development and delivery of training programs such as program
materials, instructor preparation, and participant registration.
• Assist with planning, developing and execution of Events DC’s curriculum for
the calendar year.
• Lead the vendor management process in in collaboration with the Human
Capital Generalist (HRIS).
• Provide information to participants, internal/external speakers and trainers,
as well as Events DC stakeholders.
• Oversee the management of attendance, course records and individual
• Complete and maintain training catalogs, course descriptions
(prerequisites) and global calendars.
• Monitor Continuing Professional Education credits and issue course
completion certificates and manage training compliance; review, process
and track training approvals.
• Support focus group meetings.
• Maintain all program documents.
• Prepare, secure and manage materials, copy, ship and prepare training
materials tent cards and sign-in sheets, as required
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and as
• Handle coordination of Tuition Assistance Program
• Self-familiarize with general work product to remain knowledgeable about
program activities and respond to inquiries with accuracy
• Collaborate well with internal and external clients
EVENT AND LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT
• Support training coordination across Events DC venues, including the set-up
of classrooms to ensure they are conducive to learning, coordinating
appointments and venue visits to assess appropriateness for training, and
scheduling of events on the calendar.
• Establish, as necessary, external training venues, as well as venue logistics
for internal and external training.
• Manage venue logistics and prepare checklists for training logistics
management and employee events
• Serve as liaison between the departments, participants and
• Communicate with internal and external instructors, participants on course,
event coordinator regarding confirmations. [unclear]
• Develop and prepare communications, customized campaigns, agendas,
course outline and evaluation forms for each session in collaboration with
Manager, Organizational Development and Training.
• Draft communications for global employee communications.
MEASUREMENT & EVALUATION
• Assist with transfer of learning surveys and review results for further action
• Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports for Manager, Organizational
Development and Training.
• Assess the impact of training programs through meaningful course
evaluations, class attendance and management feedback
BUDGET AND EXPENSE MANAGEMENT
• Assist Manager, Organizational Development and Training, in managing OD
budget including planning, accruals and actual expenses.
CORE COMPETENCIES (SPECIALIST)
• Job Knowledge and Technical Expertise
• Strategic Thinking
• Project Management
• Problem Solving
• Attention to Detail
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• Minimum of 2-5 years working providing direct training in a corporate
• Basic knowledge of adult learning principles
• Familiarity with Learning Management Systems
• Demonstrated critical thinking skills and attention to detail
• Project management skills: ability to manage multiple projects
• Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products (i.e. PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
• Proficient in SharePoint
• Experience in program coordination for offsite and onsite learning and
• Superb oral and written communication skills
• Proven experience in coordinating training programs, including, but not
limited to managing registration, program and event management
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and matrixed organizational
environment where independence, felicity and adaptability are required
• Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• High professional standards for customer service, quantity/quality of work
and business results
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Exude the organization’s guiding principles (Strive for Five)
• Demonstrate willingness and ability to work with diverse workforce
• Foster and demonstrate a workplace inclusive of creating opportunities,
serving others and building trust with internal customers
• Open to traveling local travel between company’s various sites on an as-
• Ability to be flexible with work schedule as needed to accommodate
• Strong Interest in soft skills development and use of technology highly
• Master’s Degree
• Knowledge of Prezi, ADDIE, Powtoon or Instructional Design a plus
• Some experience in hospitality or other service-oriented industry
• All positions require candidates to successfully complete our background
For more information and to apply, Events DC