Reports to: Director of Professional Development
Purpose: Provide support and assistance to chapter members seeking career advancement through pursuing a mentoring partnership.
Term: 1 Year
Time Commitment: 10 hours per month
- Establish, plan and implement an annual Mentoring Program plan in partnership with the Director of Professional Development.
- Assist with identifying mentors, assessing mentee applications, and facilitating appropriate pairings.
- Act as point of contact for any issues that may emerge in the relationship between mentee and mentor or other program issues and relay those concerns to the Director of Professional Development.
- Lead, plan and facilitate all mentoring program events.
- Ensure mentoring program participants receive timely and accurate program information.
- Orient program volunteers on responsibilities and on chapter policies regarding proper operation of chapter activities
- Active Metro DC ATD membership and maintain status as a member in good standing.
- Willingness to learn how to plan, organize, and evaluate activities required by the position.
- Prior experience in mentoring program development and/or management.
- Ability to complete projects with established timeframes and budgets.
- Commitment to fulfill the role through the end of its term.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Utilize program management skills to manage, and facilitate various learning events.
- Lead a program that impacts others and supports their career advancement.
- Opportunity to enhance competencies under ATD’s Talent Development Model: Career & Leadership Development, Emotional Intelligence & Decision Making, Instructional Design, Project Management, and Data Analytics.
- Network with members of Metro DC Board of Directors and other members of the Chapter.