The Metro DC ATD chapter is partnering with the Ann Arbor ATD Chapter and offering a virtual study group prior to the next testing window. A study group can assist with your preparation by providing a structured group learning program and connections to other professionals who are actively preparing for the exam.
Next Study Group Information Session Starts In:
You missed out!
Having a support system as you prepare for the CPTD exam can have a big impact on your success and we're here for you!
Attend the Information Session/Kick-Off on Sunday, 23 July, 7:30 PM EST for free to learn more!
The cohort will run Sundays, 29 January - 9 April 2023 from 7:30 - 9:30 PM EST.
Emotional Intelligence & Decision Making
Collaboration & Leadership
Cultural Awareness & Inclusion
Compliance & Ethical Behavior
Training Delivery & Facilitation
Career & Leadership Development
Organizational Development & Culture
Consulting & Business
Organizational Development and Culture (cont)
Talent Strategy & Management
Data & Analytics
Frequently Asked Questions
The Certified Professional in Talent Development (CPTD) is a professional certification for TD professionals with a least five years of experience. It is board and measures a professional's knowledge and skills application across the breadth of talent development capabilities. Learn more here.
NOTE: You can also learn more about the Associate Professional in Talent Development (APTD) certification by clicking here. We are not currently offering a study group for the APTD.
The study group is open to anyone interested in preparing for the CPTD exam, this includes:
- Any member of an ATD local Chapter
- General public
- The study group (excluding kickoff) consists of 11 weekly virtual meetings, held on Sundays from 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm ET.
- The sessions are conducted via an easy to use online web conferencing tool.
- The schedule of study group sessions leads up to a testing window for the CPTD exam.
- All materials focus on the Talent Development Capability Model.
- Certified CPTDs and experts in the capability areas may be scheduled as guest speakers during an individual study group session.
- The study group sessions are typically structured as follows:
- Informational session for kickoff
- 11 weekly sessions focused on the three capability areas.
- The virtual study group sessions are meant to supplement your independent study. The sessions provide a chance to reinforce knowledge through discussion, clarification of key points, shared resources, and key test taking strategies. It is ideal if each participant has access to the Certification Preparation Course but not required.
No, the CPTD Certification Preparation Course is a digital resource purchased from ATD's global organization found here: CPTD Certification Preparation Course. You are responsible for purchasing access to this online program if it fits your study plan. It is recommended but not required to be a part of the study group. Please remember to use Metro DC ATD's CHiP code, CH2034, when you checkout from the ATD Store.
No study materials are provided specifically from this study group. You have the option of purchasing resources from ATD, such as the TDBok or the CPTD Preparation Course from ATD. If purchasing these resources, please include the code CH2034 to help support the Metro DC Chapter of ATD. Click here to get additional information about preparation materials.