Effective Date: March 9, 2021
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Technical Information Gathered Automatically: When you browse our website without registering or signing in, you do so anonymously. We gather technical information including, but not limited to, IP address, pages visited, activities on the website, and time and date of visit.
- Personal Information You Provide to Us: When you have an account on our website, you have an opportunity to provide information to us about yourself, such as your name, address, place of employment, job title, photograph, phone number, email and/or address.
- Financial Information: Metro DC ATD collects credit or debit card information to facilitate a transaction.
2. USE OF INFORMATION
Below, Metro DC ATD sets forth more detail on how we use your information.
- Personal and Contact Information: Metro DC ATD uses your personal information to operate the website and, in particular, facilitate the education, interactive community and networking capabilities of the website, advertise its services, create a personalized experience for you, for internal business purposes, to contact you regarding a survey, get in touch with you when necessary with respect to transactions conducted through the website, changes in the website’s policies and agreements, events, or services Metro DC ATD may offer, or otherwise.
- Financial Information: Metro DC ATD will use financial information to fulfill your transaction.
- Survey Results: Metro DCATD uses survey results for internal business purposes only.
- Technical Information: Metro DC ATD will use this information to facilitate educational opportunities, provide content, participation, or otherwise allow access to or use of certain information, tools, or features and for improving the website’s performance, usability, and design. Metro DC ATD also uses technical information to help diagnose problems, analyze website usage trends, and to otherwise manage and monitor the website.
3. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
It is our policy not to sell member information. We may share personally identifiable information with third parties, including the following:
- Metro DC ATD members through the member directory on the website;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the website or as is otherwise required to limit legal liability, protect or defend Metro DC ATD's rights, property, or interests, or protect the safety, rights, or property of Metro DC ATD’s users; or
- When legally required to do so in accordance with government requests or regulations or legal proceedings.
We will process and store your information only for the period necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage, or as permitted by law. The criteria used to determine the period of storage of information is the respective statutory retention period. Metro DC ATD will retain data for seven years following a financial transaction and five years for other engagement or interaction with Metro DC ATD. After expiration of that period, the corresponding information is routinely deleted, as long as it is no longer necessary for the fulfillment of a contract or the initiation of a contract.
5. EXTERNAL OR THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
6. UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION AND PRIVACY SETTINGS
You can update your contact information and privacy settings on www.dcatd.org by signing in, navigating to My Profile, and selecting “Edit Profile > Profile” and “Edit Profile > Privacy.”
7. CONTACTING US
Metro DC Chapter of the Association for Talent Development
200 Little Falls Street, Suite 205
Falls Church, VA 22046